Sunday, September 3, 2017

"We exist to do things that can't be done without God's special supernatural grace."  John Piper.
"Apart from me, you can do nothing."  The Lord Jesus

I want something I can't have without God:  I want every person I meet to see and know that God is with me, just like with Joseph in the book of Genesis.  But I can't make people see God in me.  And I can't make God reveal Himself through me. All I can do is ask God to do it, and live in a way that let's God do it.

How is that?

Faith.

It is written, "The just shall live by faith."  I became a Christian by faith, and I live the Christian life by faith.  More specifically, by prayer.  I prayed "the sinner's prayer," and I keep praying the saved person's prayer.  Jesus, help me, because without you, I can't do anything eternally worth doing.

I know this to be true.  I can't be a Christlike man, husband, or father without the Spirit of Jesus helping me every single moment.  This is a solid fact.  So everyday, all I can do, and all we who believe can do, is pray for God's power, and trust him to give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment